6.10.11

Life Is A Country Side Movie ♥

Although I like living in the city, I have to say I seize every chance I get to escape to the country. There is such peace in the wide open spaces and the abondance of nature and the country is the best place to enjoy the spectacle of changing seasons. There is something so beautiful and romantic about it.

I like dressing for the country too. It has to be comfortable and resistant enough so you can run through the fields and roll around the grass without fearing stains or thistles. To me country says: chambray, flowered and wool. You might think I'm getting ahead of myself wearing a tuque, but it's seriously frisky up here already!
I love this outfit because it includes two of my favorite items in my closet: this cozy tuque and my trusty boots. I made the tuque myself last year when I tough myself how to loom (via this tutorial that I modified to my needs).  I made the pom pom out of an old fur hat and used a thick fuzzy wool. There is something about wearing an piece of clothing you made that is very satisfying and comforting.

As for the boots, they have to be my best purchase of the past few years! I wear these boots everywhere in all weathers, they are super easy to clean and never seem to get used or old. They are my best adventure companions for sure. They love the country too.
A moment in the country is always good for the soul! 

I hope you have a lovely and peaceful day everyone!

Virginie 


Shop this look!
Chambray Shirt: Thrifted (similar)
Skirt: old Forever 21 (similar)
Tights: Simons (similar)
Hat: self made (similar)
Nail polish: Revlon in Minted

20 comments:

  1. Goodness what a beautiful location. I'm in love. You also look as adorable as ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Virginie!!! no words, this outfit is outstanding!! the best parts are the denim jacket, the tights and the booties<3 you look unbelievably gorgeous and love the background ;)

    xx
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, such a beautiful post! i'mswooning over your outfit :) seriously the best boots ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your outfit! :)

    I'm a country girl deep down too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these boots, I had to pull out some of my winter hats last weekend too. Partially because it was cold and partially because I LOVE hats. This one is adorable you did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tes photos sont magnifiques!
    belle balade sur ton blog
    bravo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the look!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these photos! SO gorgeous! Also, it's funny that you took a photo of the burrs on your tights... because my hubby and I were out today taking more photos and did the same thing! LOL :D


    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  10. this outfit was featured today on my blog :)

    xx
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute outfit!!! I love the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit sooo much! It is making me crave cooler weather... and those boots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow these photos are amazing! i love your boots. awesome blog. following u! thanks for your sweet comment on my blog as well

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NyC

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your hat and boots! I searched high and low for similar boots last year and had no luck, fingers crossed for this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful pictures!I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, just found your blog and am so glad I did! The outfit is amazing, and the photos are just gorgeous. Can't wait to see more from you- have a great weekend!!
    http://www.saysskippy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think your outfit is super pretty. for some reason, i'm really digging the colors in your skirt along with the grey tights. lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous pictures! Love the skirt fabric and those boots are awesome. You look absolutely beautiful! Just found your adorable blog. Gonna go read more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought the stickers in your leg were bees! I kind of had a mini heart attack for you.
    But agreed with everyone else here, you look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing what you think ♥