7.3.10

Virginie's Oscar night




The 82nd ceremony of the Academy Awards is about to start, can't wait to see the dresses on the Red Carpet.

My 2 favorites this year , “Inglourious Basterds” and “The White Ribbon (Das Weisse Band)” both have a great sense of fashion and have inspired me in many ways.

Here are some of my picks for tonight:
Cinematography:
I would like the “The White Ribbon”, and its DP Christian Berger, to win this one, beacause it is one of the most visually emporwering movie I have seens ever.
Costume Design:
I wish“The Young Victoria”, cotumes by Sandy Powell, will win.

This movie is directed by Québécois Jean-Marc Vallée, who had a huge success with his previous movie “C.R.A.Z.Y.”
Foreign Language Film:
My pick is on Michael Haneke's “The White Ribbon (Das Weisse Band)” (Germany) because I absolutely LOVED that movie, It was my favorite movie of the past 12 months for sure. It captured my heart and my soul! “The White Ribbon (Das Weisse Band)” tells an enigmatic story of a German village in the dawn of the hipe of Facism in a captivating way. It is a true work of art, both in it's written and visual aspects. Reminded me of Gaétan Soucy' literary work.


Music (Original Song):
“Almost There” from “The Princess and the Frog” Music and Lyric by Randy Newman
or
“Down in New Orleans” from “The Princess and the Frog” Music and Lyric by Randy Newman

Disney music is the best. Listened to 2 hours of Disney music last Sunday and was in a good mood all week!


Best Picture:
Inglourious Basterds” Lawrence Bender, Producer because it really is the most intresting film of 2009 in my opinion.

It'a also awsome that “District 9” is nominated. Produced by Peter Jackson (Lord of The Rings) and Carolynne Cunningham, it is the first feature film for director Neill Bloomkamp.


Have a great time watching the Academy Awards!



Virginie XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing what you think ♥