17.10.10

Last Night's Movies

Hou la la, I love me some musicals!

I pleased my movie geek self with a musical double feature last night (quite the party girl, huh?) and it was A M A Z I N G!

I started of with Chicago. I LOVE this movie. Everything about it is brilliant: the storytelling, the music, the dancing, the art design, the social critic, the photography, the cast... I love it all and completely! Honestly Chicago is one of my ''friend movie'', a movie I can just watch over and over and over without loving it any less (just like Lost In Translation and Kill Bill).

Unfortunately I am not a Rob Marshall fan through and through and I have to say his last movie, 9, is pretty awful and I view it as an insult to one of my favorite movies of all time, Federico Fellini's 8 1/2.
***
Watching Chicago got me really hyped up and so I decided to follow up with Rent. You know, the essence of movies is to convey emotion. When I watch Rent, my heart just melts and I got through so many different feelings. It talks about a lot of marginal themes such as homosexual, transexuality, drug abuse, self acceptance and it's a real ''sticking together'' movie (kind of made me miss my Crew). I Love it.
I had seen the musical on Broadway when I was just a spring chicken and it had made quite an impression on me. I have to say I like the movie even better!

What's your favorite musical?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing what you think ♥