11.11.11

À Coeur Joie ♥

When Ramiro is away on business, my secret single behaviour always comes back. I drink tons of tea, paint my toes and watch too many Brigitte Bardot movies. Tonight I watched my very favorite, À coeur joie  (Two Weeks in September). It's SO good 
The movie tells the story of Cécile, a model. She leaves her husband Philippe behind when she takes a two week job in London. Away from him, she starts reflecting on the concept of fidelity and meets a younger man named Vincent that falls in love with her and pursues her.
She tells him from the start that she's married and at first she resists the flirting, but they have a wild night together and she gives in.
He's not the only one prying for her attention (of course, she's the hottest ever!) but she keeps telling her suitors about her husband's strength and how much she loves him... and starts pretending Vincent is her husband.
Until she let's go and gives in to her rebellious side. It's all very 1960's psycho-analytic. I LOVE it!
This movie is uncanny and open minded, just like Bardot.  It's beautiful and touching, very romantic and it really embodies the atmosphere of the sexual liberation era. It's an "outside the box movie" that will enrich your cinephile soul for sure. It's always SO inspiring to me (the clothes are so pretty!). I simply had to share with you!

Virginie 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great movie! It almost makes me wish it would start raining again so I can watch this curled up in a blanket ;)

    xoxo Azu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I haven't seen this one, but will surely add it to my list. The screenshots you picked are wonderful, and leaving the subtitles on gives them a cool comic book effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I do the same -when Mario is away :) I watch french films drink tea or wine and in general do all the girly' things I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's such a pretty lady!! thanks for this wonderful post, I haven't seen the movie yet but I'll be sure to get around it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing what you think ♥