1.4.10

A Producer's Celebration: Up On The Roof


When the weather is this nice in Québec City and there is still snow on your terasse, there is only one thing to do: hang out on my friend François-Samuel's roof. It offers the best view of the North of Québec.
Today on the rooftop we celebrated the fact that I learned I have secured the financing to go through with one of the Spirafilm projects I am working on. It is a collectif project in which 8 filmmakers get to make 8 short films shot in Super-8MM. I am totally excited! The shootings will go on from May to September and the final product will be shown at a Musée de la civilisation de Québec. YÉ!

Most of the movie financing in Canada comes from state owned programs. As everybody (aspiring artists and noted filmmakers) gets to apply to these programs, money is very hard to come upon and I have been particularly lucky (and convincing!) in the past year because 3 of my Spirafilm projects received financing.

Gives me so much hope for the future and pushes me to work even harder and reach for the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing what you think ♥