It's been two months since I quit my job at Spirafilm to become a full time independent movie producer. As you know I had laid out a plan to be my most productive freelancer self. The first months of this new career life were very busy with grant proposals for my movie projects and now that I only have two left (out of eight!) I am about to enter the next stage of my producing pipeline. What to expect in this next stage? The incorporation of my company, movie pre production and the producing and directing on many many roof top videos!
Before moving on though I wanted to take a look back at my plan, see how well it's working for me and make the necessary adjustments to make sure Spring is as productive as possible at Virginie's Cinema (yup, that's the name of the production house too!).
So here were the goals:
- Set daily achievable goals to make yourself feel good and gratified: this has been working well for me, keeping me productive daily and making sure I don't loose sight of the deadlines. Feeling good and gratified has been a little harder at first as I work alone most of the time and don't get feed back as often as in the work place. I have to say though that I feel extremely blessed to be working with the directors I am working with, they have been expressing their gratitude towards my work and telling me I rock, which is most appreciated!
- Make time for learning/educating yourself: I have to say this has been such a great learning experience so far! However I have to be honest and admit I haven't been reading as much I should be (I've been choosing Tolstoï's Anna Karénina over legal aspects of producing books lately). This is a point I will be bettering (pinkie swear!).
- Get dressed! I've been sticking to this one pretty seriously and the Remix really helped too!
- Get out of the house: hmmm... I'll be following through on this one as soon as the frigid weather stops! In the mean time honestly things have been going pretty smoothy from my home office :)
- Get yourself inspired! This has been my favorite point of the plan! I've been spending lots of time getting creative and throwing around ideas with my friend Sophie, who is my muse, watching tons of movies and walking around my city checking out the art. It's been awesome and a great productivity booster!
- Plan your next week on the Friday: I've been doing this almost every week and would add "clean your office on the Friday" too, makes Mondays SO much more peaceful.
- Keep things separated: This has been my best idea, I have SO much information accumulating about each projects and having separate physical and mental spaces for all of them has enable me to keep my sanity (and be super organized too!).
Happy Monday everyone :)